[meta-sig] Re: [XML-SIG] Proposing a web services SIG

Rich Salz rsalz@zolera.com
Thu, 03 May 2001 10:11:41 -0400

> In any case, I think Rich's proposal is missing an expiration/review
> date for the SIG, yet. Traditionally, SIGs used to expire after one
> (?) year (after which they could be extended), but with the little
> review they get after that time, reviewing them every two years is
> probably as fine.

Oops, another mistake.  It was confusing that sigs/guidelines.html
doesn't repeat the "expiration" item under the "Creation Guidelines"
section at the end of the page.

Annual "review" of the SIG every May Day, or whenever Guido or his
delegates feel appropriate.  Success and viability of the SIG should be
measured by its ability to provide implementations of the standards
defining a web services infrastructure, and perhaps particular
applications.