[meta-sig] Web services -- good to go?

Rich Salz rsalz@zolera.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 20:18:42 -0400

> So please help me out.  What exactly would a SIG buy you that a
> sourceforge project wouldn't?

Perhaps nothing other than greater awareness within the Python
community.  I'm not totally sure, since I don't follow any groups that
aren't part of both.

One probable reason for the little comment is that I'm probably the only
advocate who is on the meta-sig.  I don't do Usenet, so I haven't been
following comp.lang.python, nor engendered any discussion there.  Both
of those factors probably made a difference.

At any rate, I have no desire to increase your workload, so we'll stick
with the SF project.  Thanks.
	/r$