[meta-sig] C++ SIG web pages

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:00:09 -0500

    RWG> Thank you very much for setting up the mailing list for the
    RWG> C++ SIG!

Hi Ralf, sorry for not responding earlier.

    RWG> We have prepared an announcement for the SIG including a
    RWG> detailed list of the development goals. Before posting
    RWG> this, I would like to make a few changes to the web page
    RWG> for the C++ SIG.  I would like to change the "See also"
    RWG> links, remove the obsolete "Example issues" and "C++ Sig
    RWG> code" links, and add a new page listing the current
    RWG> development goals.

    RWG> At http://www.python.org/sigs/coordinator.html it says that
    RWG> access to the SIG web pages can be arranged. Could you
    RWG> please help?

At the moment most SIG coordinators do not have direct access to their
web pages, but webmaster@python.org can help you.  The thing to do is
to visit the .ht version of any file you want to change (just edit the
url to remove the trailing `ml').  Make your changes and send them to
webmaster@python.org.  If this gets to be a common enough occurance,
we can probably arrange for you to have cvs write access to that
directory.

    RWG> P.S.: It would also be nice if it were possible to transfer
    RWG> my archive of about 70 recent messages (collected since Dec
    RWG> 13) with discussions about Python/C++ development to the SIG
    RWG> archive. The messages are in plain text format with the usual
    RWG> RFC email headers. Is there a reasonably easy way of
    RWG> transferring the messages?

Can you drop them in an ftp directory somewhere?  Or are they
available on the web via a wget command?  If so, I can suck them over
to the mail server, cat them to the current archives and regenerate
the archvies.

-Barry