[meta-sig] web-sig

Ian Bicking ianb@colorstudy.com
06 Apr 2003 16:52:43 -0500

On Sun, 2003-04-06 at 16:39, Michael McLay wrote:
> I am also in favor of developing uniformity in programming interfaces, but a
> push to standardize on an interface will likely lead to tension between
> uniformity and creativity. Perhaps the use of sprints can help reduce the
> splintering effect of independently developed solutions. It seems somewhat
> ironic that Python is so internally consistent as a language, yet it is used
> to create interfaces to other technology that are so inconsistent.

I'd like to start work with places where I think we can reach consensus
-- things like installation, some parts of the configuration,
integration with Apache, etc.  There's diversity there, but only because
everyone has to implement this stuff first, and they all did it slightly
differently.

I'd like a situation where you can install one "python web" package, and
then people can use whatever framework ontop of that, where it's very
easy to set up the framework.  There's more (feasable) problems to be
solved after that, but that's a good starting point.

  Ian