[meta-sig] Proposal: Web-SIG

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
08 Apr 2003 23:20:37 -0400

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 19:59, Ian Bicking wrote:
> Yes, I suppose I could do that.  But then people would just email me,
> and I'd have to somehow collect and relay responses... that's what
> mailing lists are for.  So I'd just have to find a list elsewhere, when
> all I'm trying to do is get a list and a little web page... I was just
> hoping getting the mailing list would be the easy part.  I should've
> just asked for an SF project, that'd be long done by now...

It sounds to me like there's potential for a Python SIG, but it needs a
chair to define a charter and ensure some progress gets made.  The first
step along that path is to round up people interested enough to help.
There are thousands of SF projects, I assume, and most of them don't
amount to much.

Jeremy