[meta-sig] Mailing list expiry dates

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sun Oct 16 23:17:20 CEST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 01:08, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
> On Saturday 15 October 2005 07:27, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>  > it seems that all SIGs have expired ;-)
>
> Heh.  Frankly, I think the "expiration" stuff is pretty silly.  Can we simply
> get rid of it?

I still like the idea of culling sigs that are no longer necessary, or
that haven't made any progress in a while.  OTOH, I'm not sure any of
the existing sigs are worthy of retirement.

My suggestion would be to tag all the existing active sigs to expire
December 2006, but if the consensus is to just ditch the expiration
dates, I suppose we can tag them all as "Never" and just deal with
useless sigs on a case-by-case basis.

-Barry