[meta-sig] SIG proposal: qa-sig

Collin Winter collinw at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 23:59:22 CET 2007

I'd like to propose a new SIG, qa-sig, for discussing topics related
to testing and QA in/with/of Python, analogous to Perl's perl-qa list
[0]. I want a central place for discussing things like

- new features for unittest.
- extensions for unittest, like Sebastian Rittau's XmlTestRunner [1].
- testing best practices (infrastructure, conventions, etc).
- projects like PyBots [2].
- test discovery frameworks, like nose [3].
- using/developing mock libraries, like my own svnmock [4].

In short, a clearinghouse for information about QA in the Python world.

I would volunteer to be the SIG's coordinator.

Thanks,
Collin Winter

[0] - http://lists.cpan.org/showlist.cgi?name=perl-qa
[1] - http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/XmlTestRunner/