[meta-sig] Request for Python/C API mailing list

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Fri Jun 22 01:37:52 CEST 2007

Hi,
I was asking some questions about Pythons C/API in the python-dev
mailing list and 2 of the guys there suggested I start a new mailing

---- snip from py-dev ML

 > Futrhermore, questions about the C API often concern CPython
 > > implementation details and so they don't feel like they would belong in
 > > comp.lang.python.  As an experiment, it might make sense to open a
 > > mailing list dedicated to the Python C API.  It could become a useful
 > > support forum for extension writers (a group very useful to Python) and
 > > maybe even a melting pot for new ideas regarding CPython, much like
 > > comp.lang.python historically provided ideas for Python the language.

Agree a Python/C API List would be great, in fact I cant see any reasons
not to have it- likely the pure python users dont want to know about
refcounting problems.. etc anyway.

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/
There are lists/newsgroup for py2exe and pyrex, Python-ObjectiveC etc,

Python/C API seems much more generic, and its also fairly tricky to use
at times - when doing more advanced stuff (subtyping has been tricky for
me anyway). I expect the dev's of pyrex, pygame etc might also need to
discuss C API spesific issues as well.

--
Campbell J Barton (ideasman42)