[meta-sig] [stdlib-reorg] a dedicated stdlib list?

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Tue Jan 15 22:02:24 CET 2008

On 1/15/08, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>>  We can both own it and both be slow about approving things.  =) But I
>>  can't own it on my own as I already have all the tracker-related lists
>>  plus PyCon lists plus python-ideas to manage.
>
>  Fair enough.  I'm happy to co-poorly-own it :)

#insert <standard-spiel>:

The list has now been created, and you should have already gotten the
initial listowner password.  For now, the list is not advertised,
with private archives.  Subscriptions have to be confirmed and
approved.  Posts from non-subscribers are held for moderation, and
new subscribers are also moderated by default.

I've plugged in some standard site-wide default language into the
listinfo field, based on the above.  Once you're happy with the other
parts of the list configuration, please feel free to open up the list
to be publicly advertised, etc....  If there are any list policy
changes you'd like to make, please let us know.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

#insert <apology-for-C-style-syntax> :-)

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team