[meta-sig] [stdlib-reorg] a dedicated stdlib list?

Brad Knowles brad at python.org
Thu Jan 17 04:05:31 CET 2008

On 1/16/08, Brett Cannon wrote:

>>  The list has now been created, and you should have already gotten the
>>  initial listowner password.
>
>  Actually, I have not received the email yet. Hopefully just a delay
>  somewhere in the relay.

When you create a mailing list in Mailman, you are only allowed to
specify one owner address.  In this case, I used either
barry at python.org or barry at list.org, I don't remember which -- that's
where the list password would have gone.

Once the initial creation was done, I added brett at python.org as a
secondary owner, but there would not have been a second "list
creation" e-mail message sent out.

Barry should remember the site admin password, so he can get in and
change the list password to whatever he wants.  If you guys want me
to set a different list admin password on your behalf, I can do that
-- just send a request to postmaster at python.org, and then once you
get logged in you should make sure you change it to something else
that you can remember.  Either way, I can get in whenever I need,
because I also have the site admin password.

--
Brad Knowles <brad at python.org>
Member of the Python.org Postmaster Team