[Microbit-Python] Jupyter kernel for the micropython repl

Damien George damien.p.george at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:01:32 EST 2015

Hi Tanya,

I think it's pretty much "yes" to all your 5 questions/points.  But
I'll clarify 2 of them:

1. I don't think you'll even need microrepl.  I think just connecting
to the correct serial port using pyserial would be enough.

3. I don't think you need to use any of the existing editors.  Doesn't
IPython provide this?

This (getting Jupyter running with MicroPython) is something that has
been on my todo list for a long time now, but at a low priority (and
hence I've not done anything on it).  So I'd be very interested to see
how you make progress.  Please shout if you need anything!

Cheers,
Damien.