[Microbit-Python] Flat API

Tom Viner tom at viner.tv
Tue Sep 22 12:46:55 CEST 2015

On 22 September 2015 at 10:35, Alan <alainjackson at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Both the full standard API and the flat one, yes, that's great.  I like
> "mb" as the module name.

I don't actually think dpin0 = True is pythonic if that does anything other
than set (and completely override) a variable value. And I think we agreed
yesterday that standard properties were an extra concept to explain, and
furthermore not introspectable. So that rules out mb.dpin0 = True too.

To avoid confusion with duplicate modules and top level properties, can we
agree that the "flat api" is simply "from microbit import *" and that's the
way you dump a load of module names into the global namespace.