[Microbit-Python] Getting the Microbit into auto reset mode

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Jan 5 17:47:15 EST 2016

Hello,

the Microbit Monifa I playing around with seems to be in hard reset
mode, that is: it will not automatically reset itself after flashing
but instead require pressing the reset button to restart.

In normal mode, the drive has a file "HARD_RST.CFG" with this
content:

"""
# Behavior configuration file
# Reset can be hard or auto
#     hard - user must disconnect power, press reset button or send a serial break command
#     auto - upon programming completion the target MCU automatically resets
#            and starts running
#
# The filename indicates how your board will reset the target
# Delete this file to toggle the behavior
# This setting can only be changed in maintenance mode
"""

Turning the Microbit into maintenance mode:
https://www.mbed.com/en/development/hardware/prototyping-production/daplink/daplink-on-kl26z/
has the file show up as "HARD RST.CFG" (note the missing underscroe
compared to normal mode) with this content:

"""
# Behavior configuration file
# Reset can be hard or auto
#     hard - user must disconnect power, press reset button or send a serial break command
#     auto - upon programming completion, when the drive remounts the
#            target MCU automatically resets
#
# The filename indicates how your board will reset the target
# Delete this file to toggle the behavior
"""

Deleting the file causes the Microbit to reset back into
normal mode, but the filename doesn't change as expected to
something like "AUTO_RST.CFG" and neither does the reset
behavior change.

Is there something I can do to get the MB into auto reset
mode ?

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Jan 05 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/