[Microbit-Python] URGENT - how do I remove adverts from our ReadTheDocs?

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Mar 14 11:34:35 EDT 2016

On 11.03.2016 14:58, Kushal Das wrote:
> On 11/03/16, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> <snipped>
>>> 3. Complain loudly on IRC so the maintainers remove the (unasked for)
>>> advertising.
>>>
>>> I think a temporary stop-gap should be 2. and we should look at 1. for
>>> the long term.
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, the ReadTheDocs URL is in quite a few places (including
>>> our built in help in MicroPython itself).
>>
>> I think a first step in the right direction would probably be to
>> use a neutral URL which then redirects to whatever URL you use
>> for hosting the documentation.
>>
>> Regarding the ads on read-the-docs: do you think the PSF could help
>> getting those removed by sending them a grant ?
> Yes please :) That would be amazing if PSF can help to remove those ads
> from readthedocs.

I've kicked off a discussion on the PSF board. Let's see how
this goes.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Mar 14 2016)
2016-03-07: Released eGenix pyOpenSSL 0.13.14 ... http://egenix.com/go89
2016-02-19: Released eGenix PyRun 2.1.2 ...       http://egenix.com/go88

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/