[Microbit-Python] JTAG headers

Carlos P.A. carlos.p.a.87 at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:29:54 EDT 2016

I honestly don't know really have any knowledge in that area, and as said
already, until the schematics are out I would assume the people that do
know probably won't be able to discuss it.

Just keep in mind that those pins seem to be routed to the kinetis uC
(reponsible to do the programming using the usb storage interface on the
computer), not the nordic chip itself. Taking in consideration there are 5
pins, I wouldn't be surprised if it uses a SWD interface or similar (Vcc,
Gnd, reset, clock and data). Thankfully it is not a bga package, so with a
good set of eyes you could check which pins are connected and reference
that with the datasheet to see what programming interface could be used on
those. Have a look at other mbed boards that might use a similar
configuration (maybe the NXP/Freescale freedom boards?), as there is a
chance it could have been implemented the same way and be documented
somewhere.