[Microbit-Python] Python Music & Speech using Speaker connected from P0 to 3V?

Nevil Hunt nevil.hunt at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 6 12:20:19 EST 2017

Hi All,

Is there anyone who knows how the Python Music & Speech are generated that can tell me if I should expect to hear any difference if I connect a speaker from P0 to 3V rather than the normal P0 to GND?

I wasn't sure if it's done by varying the mark:space ratio to make the music and/or speech in which case P0 to 3V might sound different to P0 to GND.

If however it is all generated just by varying the frequency of a 1:1 square wave then P0 to 3V should sound the same as P0 to GND.

Cheers,

Nevil