[mmgsoc] Status

Andrew Rodman dcrodman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:35:14 CEST 2011

Hey,
I'm finished with the actual ORM mapping (thanks to some help from dushyant)
and am re-implementing the methods in HyperDatabase. Rather than using
DumbBTrees, these methods now rely on Storm queries and mappings to achieve
persistant storage and access to stored archives. It's not done yet, but I'm
steadily making progress and only have a couple of methods to write in
HyperDatabase.

I see two main objectives that I need to achieve once HyperDatabase is
finished:

   1. Remove any index references in pipermail.py and replacing them with
   storm queries where needed
   2. The upgrade script (pickles -> sqlite db entries) for the Mm2 to Mm3
   upgrade procedure

My branch can be accessed here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~dcrodman/mailman/storm-upgrade

Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.
- Andrew