[mmgsoc] Pipermail Archive-UI

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Jun 13 17:48:28 CEST 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 05:40 PM, Dushyant Bansal wrote:

>Resending the message as my inbox says
>"Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: barry at list.org"

Please let me know if that continues.  You can always reach me at
barry at python.org which goes through a completely different server (though
lands in the same final inbox).  I don't control list.org and it does
occasionally have problems.

>Yes, we should definitely give it a try.  As a first step, I explored the
>options for the setup. It seems that out of two options CGI and mod_wsgi,
>mod_wsgi is preferred due to efficiency and other reasons.  Also, I think
>that, for our work, we don't need to use any framework.  What do you say?

mod_wsgi does seem preferable, especially because of all the tools that are
wsgi compatible these days.  If you don't need a framework, don't use one!
It's easy to create your own wsgi server (e.g. src/mailman/rest/wsgiapp.py).
Of course, a framework is different than a templating system, which is
something you might indeed want to look at.  There are lots of choices here
and I don't have any clear preferences, except it should be something that
supports i18n well.  Maybe Florian has some thoughts about that.

-Barry