[mmgsoc] Pipermail Archive-UI

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Jun 13 18:28:36 CEST 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 12:03 PM, Terri Oda wrote:

>But I *do* think +conversation is useful for other reasons that we might want
>to consider: the big one being that people can then unsubscribe from
>conversations they hate without having to leave the list or write their own
>filters.  Systers has a clickable "leave this conversation" link and it's
>pretty darned slick.  Having used our existing "topics" interface extensively
>on another list, I'd like to see +conversation used to augment our current
>topic structure.

Cool, I'm definitely open to discussions here.  One of the things I've had in
the back of my mind is to include a mailsieve implementation in Mailman.
There's now a fairly decent (so I'm told) implementation in Python, so I think
it would be feasible.  It's probably way too complicated for the average user,
but I *think* sieve might make a good technology for implementing topics-NG
and other types of filters.  And maybe make it available to advanced users to
control the email they get from a Mailman site.

-Barry