[Mobile-sig] python on android

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Wed Jan 28 19:17:45 CET 2015

----- Original Message -----
> To me, this is a solved problem.  I'm running several apps completely
> written in Python on my Android phone.  I used Kivy (http://kivy.org/,
> but https://github.com/kivy is more useful if you're a coder), for the
> UI, the API to Android services, and for the packaging into an APK.
>
> The UI is the Kivy set of widgets: http://kivy.org/docs/api-kivy.html
>
> The generic OS API is "plyer": http://plyer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> The packager is buildozer: http://buildozer.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
>
> I'm amazed at how well it all works.
>
> Bill

Will have another look at it, but, think issue last time glanced at it was
download sources/packages, and, if it uses it's own form of UI elements, not
sure about if that will work perfectly well along with talkback screen
reader, etc. - but, won't know until try...<smile>

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA