[Mobile-sig] Experiments with Dalvik

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at gmail.com
Tue May 17 15:15:04 EDT 2016

The point of the toolset David just borught up is not just about 'an
entire oher language' - it is a toolset for being able to manipulate
android assets, and that is in Python.

And the new language, that comes up for free, is different from Kivy
and other approaches, in the sense it compiles python-like source ode
directly to Dalvik bytecode - it is not the same as(1) building Python
natively on Android, and not the same as emulating Python over Java.

I don't think replying to someone who is bringing a totally cool,
months long project, with lots of tools, innovations and possibilities
with "you could have used X"  is anything constructive - at least not
if one does not at least take a look on what is being presented.

I don't think Kivy is good for getting performatic, or native-looking
apps, when talking about Python, for example. And also, the tools to
handle android assets in this repo could even be used to replace the
need for Android SDK when building Kivy based apps.

  js
 -><-