[Mobile-sig] Pythonic idioms on mobile platforms

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Dec 13 11:03:53 EST 2017

I was looking at threading on Android and it occurred to me that perhaps
others sidestep problems I encountered with native APIs by using Python's own
threading features. Then I wondered if some developers prefer to stick to the
platform native APIs for things like threading, and if they found it
difficult to adapt to a non-Pythonic API.

Has anyone else looked at how well (or poorly) some of the idioms used in
Python map to each of the underlying mobile platforms and frameworks, or are
people just using the native APIs directly? The answer to this might save
someone the effort of trying to reproduce the APIs of those standard Python
libraries that aren't interesting to mobile developers.

David