[Mobile-sig] testing new security features on PyPI

Sumana Harihareswara sh at changeset.nyc
Thu Jun 20 18:16:01 EDT 2019

Sorry for this being slightly off-topic (about the pypi.org mobile
experience rather than Python-on-mobile).

Right now we're beta testing a new security feature on PyPI:
https://pyfound.blogspot.com/2019/06/pypi-now-supports-two-factor-login-via.html
2-factor auth for website login with WebAuthn (hardware devices like
Yubikeys). And in particular, we'd love more testing from folks who
maintain PyPI packages and who usually visit PyPI on a mobile device.

There's more info at
https://wiki.python.org/psf/WarehousePackageMaintainerTesting .

If you're interested, please try it and give us some feedback about how
it goes!

Thanks,
Sumana
--