[Moin-devel] More compact backups?

Juergen Hermann jh at web.de
Sun Feb 16 00:29:03 EST 2003

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:25:31 +0100, Magnus Lycka wrote:

>BTW, I have a proper (?) setup now with the code separated
>from, and shared between, the wikis I run. Is it as simple
>as to just drop the new code in the lib, or are there more
>things to tweak with upgrades?

If you used "setup.py install" then it's as simple as using that from
another directory (cvs workdir), including switching back and forth
(which I never tried, but should work if versions are not too far
apart).

Only if we introduce incompatible changes (like storing pages in UTF-8)
this will become a dead-end, but then you have to call an update script
anyway, making that step a concious decision.

Ciao, Jürgen