[Moin-devel] the list /the wiki

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Mon Nov 3 04:12:06 EST 2003

> another point: I see some difficulty if some ideas are discussed on the
> wiki and some on the list.
> One solution could be to have a module that could display a mail
> archive. We could use The email package for Python
> (http://mimelib.sourceforge.net/) for those features.
>
> Or somebody has to state a policy where to discuss features primary!?

I think that can be easily solved by putting anything of importance into
the wiki.

I see the mailing list primarily as support and chat channel, about the
same as IRC channel #moin.

If I have some spare time, I check the list, but there can be quite some
days or even weeks when I am not reading the list.

The wiki is the place for all important stuff and easier readable by
using the diffs. I check the moin wikis about daily.

I could live without mailing list (and also without SF bug tracker) -
why not simply concentrate all in the wiki?

IRC is better for chatting than the mailing list. I am also permanently
logged on on channel #moin on freenode (but not all time reading, of
course).

Thomas