[Moin-devel] [ moin-Bugs-664589 ] forced binary stdout/stderr confuses some servers

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sat Mar 27 06:45:00 EST 2004

Bugs item #664589, was opened at 2003-01-08 20:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by thomaswaldmann
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=108482&aid=664589&group_id=8482

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I'm serving moin with tinyweb, and was being driven
insane by seeing no output produced by the script, even
when I wrapped everyting in try/catch and even forced a
text/plain header as the very first line of the cgi driver.  I
looked into cgimain.py and saw these suspicious
looking lines:

   if sys.platform == "win32" and not properties.get
('standalone', 0):
        import msvcrt
        msvcrt.setmode(sys.stdin.fileno(), os.O_BINARY)
        msvcrt.setmode(sys.stdout.fileno(), os.O_BINARY)

Commenting them out fixed the problem.  This sort of os-
level fiddling really needs to be a configuration item, and
broken out into a module like "platformhacks.py"