[Moin-devel] macro members/methods

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 20 09:55:36 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 06:06:33PM +0200, Thomas Waldmann wrote:
> >I'm trying to learn more about how macros work.  can someone point me
> >in the right direction in perms of learning about macro methods and
> >attributes?
>
> Just look into MoinMoin/macro/*.py - the easiest to start with is BR.py
> (that is the code for [[BR]]). :)
>
> Macros just get called by moin with some parameter string they have to
> parse on their own. Then they should call the formatter to generate HTML
> (or other output) and return the result at the end.
thanks thomas.  I was wondering I guess about the request object &
some other things that macro has access to -- in particular because I
want to
(1) have access to the Page name and basee URL of the current page
(2) have access to the cgi environment variables -- I have a macro
that generates a form, & would like to be able to have another macro
interpret the form data (so I don't have to send the user to a
non-wiki cgi page).  I have looked at
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/MoinMoin/request.py and htat helps,
but I'm not so sure about form data yet.  the
RequestBase._setup_args_from_cgi_form() method seems to be what I'm
looking for, but I know that cgi.FieldStorage should only be called
once. can I have more than one macro in a page that accesses the form
data? (I know that sounds strange, but I'm thinking about an unusual
situation).

thanks,

matt