[Moin-devel] Re: how do you debug?

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 18:14:10 EST 2005

Actually, I am no longer sure of the answer. I thought that all CGI
apps could be debugged the same way: by pickling the "request" object
and then unpickling it again later, to simulate the user requests.
however, the Moin request object is not picklable.  I was examining it
and noticed it has a lot of references to other objects which also
might not be easily picklable.

So actually, I should have phrased my question in a similar way to yours.

What is the recommended way of capturing the GET/POST request data
from the user so that we can re-feed it to the moin program for
debugging?

Alternately, how does one do remote debugging?