[moin-devel] Moin2 - where do I start

M. Scott Reynolds mscottreynolds at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:31:09 EDT 2022

On 7/22/2022 11:23, Paul Boddie wrote:
> On 2022-07-22 14:23, Roger Haase via moin-devel wrote:
>> Add to the list or fix one:
>> https://github.com/moinwiki/moin/issues
>
> There has been a certain amount of work done recently on packaging
> Moin 2 for Debian, and one significant obstacle is Moin's continued
> reliance on Flask 1.x, where future Debian releases will provide Flask
> 2.x. I see that there is an issue recorded for such matters:
>
> https://github.com/moinwiki/moin/issues/1109
>
> If we can get Moin 2 working with newer Flask versions, its journey
> into Debian will be quicker and it will potentially get a bit more
> adoption, which is certainly what is needed at this point. See here
> for the Debian packaging initiative:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/moin-team
>
> Paul

I know there is a lot of focus getting Moin 2 working for Debian, and
for good reasons. But what about the Windows environment? How much
demand is there for running Moin 2 on Windows 10? I ask because that is
my current setup for running Moin 2; VSCode with Python 3.10. Other than
WSL I currently don't have access to a Linux machine.

Scott