[Moin-user] Re: Moin and CVS

Juergen Hermann jh at web.de
Mon Dec 3 09:57:06 EST 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:26:54 +0000, bragiba at simi.is wrote:

>Until today I thought I had the CVS updating down.    So I went through and
>did an update on the whole directory structure below moin.  I had a few
>conflicts which I attempted to resolve but failed to and ended up in an
>endless loop of dead-ends.    I have asked for this before (but was told by
>Jurgen to read the manual).  Can anoyone please post a simple step by step
>setup on how you should organize your Moin Moin setup and how to update
>using CVS and what to do especially if you have conflicts.  This
>information would be greatly appreciated.

I changed the directory layout to better support distutils installation, which I
started to describe on

http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/HelpOnInstalling

It comes down to this:
	cvs -d .... co moin
	cd moin
	py setup.py

with the last step optionally modified to

	py setup.py --home=/home/you

This installs all the basic files (especially the MoinMoin package) in standard
places. To see a list of all the files, use the --record=filelist option.

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann, Developer (jhe at webde-ag.de)
WEB.DE AG, http://webde-ag.de/