[Moin-user] Re: Moin and CVS

bragiba at simi.is bragiba at simi.is
Wed Dec 5 01:57:07 EST 2001

Pardon my seemingly absolute lack of knowledge of CVS.

Do I first  update the cvs root by with cvs -d:
The command you listed below cvs -d ... co moin    does not ring any bells
with me.  Can you explain it a little better.

Thank you, Bragi

Með kveðju/Best Regards
Bragi Baldursson
GPRS Kerfisverkfræðingur/GPRS Systems Engineer
Sími/Tel.:  550 63 08    mailto:bragiba at siminn.is
Fax:  550 63 39    www:http://www.siminn.is
Gsm:   892 63 08

- Síminn auðveldar samskipti -

                    "Juergen
                    Hermann"             To:     "bragiba at simi.is" <bragiba at simi.is>, "MoinMoin Users"
                    <jh at web.de>          <moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
                                         cc:
                    03.12.2001           Subject:     Re: Moin and CVS
                    17:56
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "Juergen
                    Hermann"

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 14:26:54 +0000, bragiba at simi.is wrote:

>Until today I thought I had the CVS updating down.    So I went through
and
>did an update on the whole directory structure below moin.  I had a few
>conflicts which I attempted to resolve but failed to and ended up in an
>endless loop of dead-ends.    I have asked for this before (but was told
by
>Jurgen to read the manual).  Can anoyone please post a simple step by step
>setup on how you should organize your Moin Moin setup and how to update
>using CVS and what to do especially if you have conflicts.  This
>information would be greatly appreciated.

I changed the directory layout to better support distutils installation,
which I
started to describe on

http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/HelpOnInstalling

It comes down to this:
           cvs -d .... co moin
           cd moin
           py setup.py

with the last step optionally modified to

           py setup.py --home=/home/you

This installs all the basic files (especially the MoinMoin package) in
standard
places. To see a list of all the files, use the --record=filelist option.

Ciao, Jürgen

--
Jürgen Hermann, Developer (jhe at webde-ag.de)
WEB.DE AG, http://webde-ag.de/

Þessi tölvupóstur og viðhengi hans gætu innihaldið trúnaðarupplýsingar
eingöngu ætlaðar þeim sem hann er stílaður á. Efni tölvupóstsins og
viðhengi er á ábyrgð sendanda ef það tengist ekki starfsemi Símans.
Sjá nánar: http://www.siminn.is/um_okkur/almennt/tolvupostur.asp

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information only intended for the person or entity to which it is
addressed.
Further information: http://www.siminn.is/english/about_us/email.asp