[Moin-user] Billenium bug

bragiba at simi.is bragiba at simi.is
Fri Dec 7 07:37:02 EST 2001

Given the new directory structure the IIS installation instructions are
outdated.   I could update them if someone clears up a few questions I
have.
1. In my IIS setup I create a virtual directory pointing to  C.
\Work\moin\wiki\
2. Then I set my homepage to be http://localhost/wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi
which works fine except that I need to change the url_prefix from
    url_prefix = '/wiki'   to url_prefix = '/wiki/htdocs'
   as my virtual directory does not points to the base wiki directory which
contains the following directories:

 3. According to Juergens instructions I assume he is using Apache he is setting his base directory as
 wiki/htdocs
     How does he then get to wiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi to run the MoinMoin application?

 I am still a little confused as to what is the correct setup.

  FROM: Juergen Hermann
  DATE: 12/06/2001 10:37:26
  SUBJECT: RE:  [Moin-user] Installation and new directory structure

  On Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:46:00 +0000, <EMAIL: PROTECTED> wrote:

  >The url_prefix in moin_config.py is url_prefix = '/wiki' but it should be
  >'/wiki/htdocs' given the new directory structure

  No. There is no relationship of filesystem names to URIs on a server (unless
  you make them equal). From my httpd.conf here at home:

  Alias /wiki/            "C:/Python/sourceforge/moin/wiki/htdocs/"

  i.e. /wiki is an alias for the public "wiki ht(ml)docs" which are in
  ".../wiki/htdocs" on the file system level.

  It'd have to be wiki/htdocs/wiki to get that equality, but that would
  introduce a total unnecessary directory level.

  Ciao, Jürgen

Með kveðju/Best Regards
Bragi Baldursson
GPRS Kerfisverkfræðingur/GPRS Systems Engineer
Sími/Tel.:  550 63 08    mailto:bragiba at siminn.is
Fax:  550 63 39    www:http://www.siminn.is
Gsm:   892 63 08

- Síminn auðveldar samskipti -

Þessi tölvupóstur og viðhengi hans gætu innihaldið trúnaðarupplýsingar
eingöngu ætlaðar þeim sem hann er stílaður á. Efni tölvupóstsins og
viðhengi er á ábyrgð sendanda ef það tengist ekki starfsemi Símans.
Sjá nánar: http://www.siminn.is/um_okkur/almennt/tolvupostur.asp

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information only intended for the person or entity to which it is
addressed.
Further information: http://www.siminn.is/english/about_us/email.asp