[Moin-user] Special characters

bragiba at simi.is bragiba at simi.is
Fri Oct 5 09:00:09 EDT 2001

Jonas:

Are you cutting and pasting from Word into Internet explorer or some other
application?
I cannot reproduce this on a Windows 2K NT cutting from Word and pasting
into the MoinMoin edit window in Explorer.

Bragi

Bragi x6308  (GSM 892 6308)

                    "Jonas Bengtsson"
                    <jonas.b at home.se>                  To:     <moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net>
                    Sent by:                           cc:
                    moin-user-admin at lists.sourc        Subject:     [Moin-user] Special characters
                    eforge.net

                    05.10.2001 15:52

Hello,
I'm a quite new user and I have to say that MoinMoin is totally great!

But there is a problem. I use sometimes Word to write the text that I paste
into MoinMoin but some special characters gets "ugly". These are the ones I
have identified so far:
|character |converts to|I would rather have|
| long ?   | –   | -                 |
| '        | ’   | '                 |
|typograph"| “   | "                 |
|typograph"|”    | "                 |
|...       |…    | ...               |

Does anyone understand what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance!
/Jonas

Þessi tölvupóstur og viðhengi hans gætu innihaldið trúnaðarupplýsingar
eingöngu ætlaðar þeim sem hann er stílaður á. Efni tölvupóstsins og
viðhengi er á ábyrgð sendanda ef það tengist ekki starfsemi Símans.
Sjá nánar: http://www.siminn.is/um_okkur/almennt/tolvupostur.asp

This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information only intended for the person or entity to which it is
addressed.
Further information: http://www.siminn.is/english/about_us/email.asp