[Moin-user] Changing the RecentChanges

Adam Shand adam at personaltelco.net
Wed Oct 24 10:41:01 EDT 2001

> >Option 2: Show all Editors of a page since last Bookmark (only for
> logged-in users)
> >Logged-in Users would then see a list of all Users that saved the page in
> a chronological list. (I'm not sure if single users should show up more
> than once yet) Thet could
> >mess up the RecentChanges if the Bookmark ist relly old so maybe it
> should be limited to a certain time also.
>
> Currently, a performance killer.

On this note ... I've noticed that opening the RecentChanges page has been
getting steadily slower the longer my wiki has been around.  My assumption
had just been that the server was probably just getting busier as it's a
fairly busy wiki (200-300 thousand hits a month) however i was talking to
a friend who runs a similar wiki (SeattleWireless) and he's having the
same problem now that he's upgraded to 0.9.

I tried rolling the editlog earlier today and it doesn't seem to have made
much of a difference.  Do you have any other suggestions on why this would
be happing and what I could do?

Adam.