[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 2 14:22:04 EST 2002

--- Ransom <ransom at telus.net> wrote:

> I am trying to get MoinMoin working with WindowsXP Pro and IIS.
>
> My moin.cgi looks like this now
>
> import sys
> sys.path.append('e:/apps/Python22/lib')
> sys.path.append('E:/apps/moin/lib/site-packages')
> import os
>
> and the Moin library is loaded (I know thats the usual problem).
>
> Now I get this particular error, and not being a python programmer, I
>
> have absolutely no clue on what to do next.  All help appreciated.
>

> > CGI Error
> > The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a
> complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "E:\apps\moin\share\moin\htdocs\moin.cgi", line 32, in ?
> >     cgimain.run()
> >   File "e:\apps\moin\Lib\site-packages\MoinMoin\cgimain.py", line
> 103, in run
> >     sys.stderr = open(os.path.join(config.data_dir, 'err_log'),
> 'at')
> > IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'data\\err_log'
>
> Another weirdness is that the URI
>
> http://localhost/wiki/moin.cgi must be used;  IIS will not deliver
> the
> URI http://localhost/wiki/moin.cgi/.  The default document as
> described
> in the setup manual will not work under windows when following the
> instructions.
>
> Doug

I think the error you are getting is the result of MoinMoin trying to
write an error message to err_log, and it is abending because there is
no /data/ folder under /htdocs/ (and there should not be one).

If you followed the IIS installation instructions, you should have
created a folder called mywiki (or almost any other name of your
choice, but not wiki).  So you should be trying to access:
 http://localhost/MYwiki/moin.cgi (where MY should be my)

Note the installation instructions have you set up two alias names in
IIS: wiki and mywiki.

HTH,

Roger