[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Ransom ransom at telus.net
Tue Dec 3 21:08:03 EST 2002

I gave up.  I was able to view a wiki, but not edit pages.

I am now trying apache on windows.  Its equally as frustrating.  The
documentation on getting the default wiki working seems vague and
perhaps incorrect.

http://localhost/wiki/moin.cgi/

which displays the following in the browser:

  Not Found

The requested URL /wiki/moin.cgi/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.0.43 Server at localhost Port 80

My apache config file looks like:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin Doug.Ransom at alumni.uvic.ca
    DocumentRoot  E:/apps/ApacheGroup/Apache2/htdocs
    Alias /wiki e:/apps/moin/share/moin/htdocs/
    ScriptAlias /wiki/ E:/apps/moin/share/moin/htdocs/
</VirtualHost>

and the batch file moin.bat stored in e:\apps\moin\share\moin

is:

 @echo off
set PYTHONPATH=e:\apps\moin\lib\site-packages
e:
cd \apps\Moin\share\moin\htdocs
e:\apps\Python22\python.exe moin.cgi

The install instructions say nothing on how to get the virutal root
working for the default wiki, only to create a virtual root:

'Then, append these lines to "C:\Apache\conf\httpd.conf":

Alias /wiki/ "C:/Moin/share/moin/htdocs/"
ScriptAlias /mywiki "C:/Moin/mywiki/moin.bat" '

I thinks these instructions are bogus, because the URL
 C:/Moin/share/moin/htdocs/ (or whatever fits teh machine) redirects to
a cgi, but there are no instructions on associating that cgi file with
any script in apache.

How can I make apache execte the batch file ?