[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Ransom ransom at telus.net
Wed Dec 4 06:49:01 EST 2002

Juergen Hermann wrote:

 >On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 21:07:24 -0800, Ransom wrote:
 >

 >>I gave up.  I was able to view a wiki, but not edit pages.
 >>

 >Read harder. The docs.
 >

 >>   Alias /wiki e:/apps/moin/share/moin/htdocs/
 >>   ScriptAlias /wiki/ E:/apps/moin/share/moin/htdocs/
 >>

 >QUOTE: "mywiki" is the name of your wiki instance, you might want to
 >chose a different name best fitting the intended use of this instance;
 >just don't name it simply "wiki", because that would result in problems
 >later on.

I have the /wiki/ alias trying to work around what I percieve is a
problem in the documentation.

I still find the docs confusing.  In particular,  they say exactly:

Alias /wiki/ "C:/Moin/share/moin/htdocs/"
ScriptAlias /mywiki "C:/Moin/mywiki/moin.bat"

So I would assume that the "wiki" alias is there for a reason (maybe its
a wiki with instructions?  I have no way of knowing.  I did see this a
bit later "The first line you only need once; the second line is needed
once for each wiki instance (of course, each one with another wiki name
and path").),

and that my new wiki is aliased at the virtual root mywiki.  The problem
lies in the htdocs directory; index.html  redirects to moin.cgi.  As far
as I can tell from the instructions, the server has not been configured
for CGI in the the htdocs directory (the /wiki/ alias) so  I cannot
figure out how the wiki alias is ever supposed to work.

I expect from the docs that http://host/wiki  should correspond to some
default web pages or wiki that are supposed to be configured
and http://host/mywiki should correspond to my wiki instance.  Hence, I
want to get the /wiki/ alias working before I try and get the /mywiki/
alias working.

  If the docs are indeed correct, what does Alias /wiki/
"C:/Moin/share/moin/htdocs/" accomplish given the cgi redirect in
index.html (I am sincerely asking, not trying to be sarcastic)?  If I
can understand this maybe I can figure out whats going on.

Doug