[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Thomas Waldmann tw at waldmann-edv.de
Wed Dec 4 07:52:05 EST 2002

> Alias /wiki/ "C:/Moin/share/moin/htdocs/"
> ScriptAlias /mywiki "C:/Moin/mywiki/moin.bat"
>
> So I would assume that the "wiki" alias is there for a reason

Yes, to access the images, icons and css.

> "The first line you only need once; the second line is needed
> once for each wiki instance (of course, each one with another wiki name
> and path").),

At first, you need only 1 wiki instance, so 1 ScriptAlias (as above) is OK.

> and that my new wiki is aliased at the virtual root mywiki.  The problem
> lies in the htdocs directory; index.html  redirects to moin.cgi.

You don't need to access index.html, you just can access
http://localhost/mywiki

> as I can tell from the instructions, the server has not been configured
> for CGI in the the htdocs directory (the /wiki/ alias)

That's because there is no CGI in there.

> so  I cannot figure out how the wiki alias is ever supposed to work.

That is only used internally by the wiki engine - NOT by you.

greetings,

Thomas