[Moin-user] Windows and Moin (yes, the moin packages load).

Roger Haase crosseyedpenguin at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 4 11:11:02 EST 2002

The alias for /wiki/ is used internally by MoinMoin to access some
utility files it needs.  Look at the /htdocs/ folder it is pointing to:
on my installation there are only three sub-folders for .gif files,
.css files, and applets (There is also an index.html in my /htdocs/
which I think is extraneous).  If you have changed or added enough
stuff to get a page using localhost/wiki instead of localhost/mywiki,
you may want to delete everything and just reinstall MoinMoin.  Try 2
is always easier for me.

If you are not already an IIS expert, dumping it for Apache is a good
move I think.  The Apache configuration files can be a bit overwhelming
but there are few changes required.  I added some suggestions to the
docs HelpErrata at
http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/HelpErrata to
eliminate the .bat file and get MoinMoin working on my old Windows/me
system.

BTW, I ran a competing Wiki, "TWiki" on my Linux system (I don't think
it runs on Windows as it requires Perl) for about three months and just
finished converting everything to MoinMoin.  While Twiki has a few
nicer features in the user registration area, MoinMoin has it beat in
many ways.

Roger Haase