[Moin-user] Changing CSS styles

Jürgen Hermann jh at web.de
Wed Dec 18 15:49:02 EST 2002

[resent, possibly duplicate]

The best way to change the visual appearance of your wiki site is by
inherting the default MoinMoin styles and only changing those things you
want to adapt to your likings. This avoids the work involved in copying
new styles added during development to your own stylesheets. To do this,
we use the CSS `@import`  mechanism like this:

{{{
/*  #python wiki styles */
@import url("/users/jh/wiki/css/moinmoin.css");

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5 {
    background-color: #88CCFF; /* #EECC99; */
}
a:link {
    color: #0096CC;
}
a:visited {
    color: #0063a5;
}
}}}

In the second line, we import the default styles as distributed with
MoinMoin.
You have to change the URL to fit your system setup, likely to
"`/wiki/css/moinmoin.css`".

In the following lines, we change the background color of headlines and
the colors of hyperlinks. And that's it.