[Moin-user] long delays with CVS snapshot

Brian Dorsey brian at dorseys.org
Fri Jan 4 10:33:05 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 06:45:30PM +0100, Juergen Hermann wrote:
> Add a sys.stderr.flush() after each print.

Aha! Ok, I'm learning more now.

Here is a section of cgimain.py with extra prints:
        if pagename and sys.prefix[:2] != '1.':
            try:
                dummy = unicode(pagename, 'ASCII')
            except UnicodeError:
                # we have something else than plain ASCII, try converting
                # from UTF-8 to local charset
                try:
                    pagename = unicode(pagename, 'UTF-8').encode(config.charset)
                except UnicodeError:
                    # give up, use URI value literally and see what happens
                    pass

        print >>sys.stderr, "after handling request, before action"
        sys.stderr.flush()

        if action:
            print >>sys.stderr, "if action"
            sys.stderr.flush()

            handler = wikiaction.getHandler(action)
            if handler:
                handler(pagename or config.page_front_page, request.form)
            else:
                webapi.http_headers()
                print "<p>" + _("Unknown action")
            print >>sys.stderr, "if action, end"
            sys.stderr.flush()
        else:
            print >>sys.stderr, "if not action"
            sys.stderr.flush()

If I try to run the search I get up to "after handling request, before action" but never see "if action"  .... So, I guess that means it's crashing on the if action line? Is that possible?