[Moin-user] How do I add a new kind of page handler.

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Thu Jul 11 19:50:05 EDT 2002

I have an idea for an "anounce-o-matic" page for the python.org MM wiki.

The idea would be that a user would click on a link that takes them to a
template page. This page consists of a multi-part form with input for
describing the new thing (event, software, whatever).

Input data would be converted into either a standard page with  link(s) from
a category or categories selected by the user; or used to update an existing
page if it exists.

One nice option would be to format and forward the input as a post on (in
this case) comp.lang.python.announce. I think this feature will encourage
developers to use this feature, since they both update the (just started)
Python software catalog _and_ get an announcement into c.l.p.a at the same
time.

I can see that using MM's existing template page system could work for
displaying the form, but where do I put the handler for the result of the
form? If I missed something in the documentation, please point me at it.

Any help anyone can offer for this would be vastly appreciated. I hope to
get this on the python.org python wiki at
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonInfo (in redevelopment, so
there are some rough spots).

I think this will be a great service to the Python community!

Any intrested pythonistas, pythoneers, pygeeks or even normal people should
come on over to the URL above and jump right in! (BTW, I already mailed one
person about getting the MM s/w updated.)

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA