[Moin-user] How do I add a new kind of page handler.

Juergen Hermann jh at web.de
Thu Jul 11 20:23:03 EDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 19:49:29 -0700, David LeBlanc wrote:

>I can see that using MM's existing template page system could work for
>displaying the form, but where do I put the handler for the result of the
>form? If I missed something in the documentation, please point me at it.

Actually, it's not (only) the template system that is of help here, but the
userform system. The only catch is that it's half finished, but if you help with
it, it can be completed in reasonable time (say 2-4 weeks).

The thing that is finished is freely defining a form in a not too easy, but also
not too hard way, and displaying such form definitions, What is missing is
actually taking the submitted form data and processing it.

A sample is on

http://twistedmatrix.com/users/jh.twistd/moin/moin.cgi/WeblogForm

and maybe you meant that by "template page system".

>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonInfo (in redevelopment, so
>there are some rough spots).

So that one is revived? Great!

Ciao, Jürgen