[Moin-user] newbee question

Roberts, Iwan(LIT) i.roberts at Liberty-IT.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 03:04:05 EDT 2002

Installing Apache & Python is quick and painless.  I use Apache on my
machine as a document store, I have MoinMoin running, my CPU is almost
always idle and my memory consumption is around 25%

I.

-----Original Message-----
From: brendel at nancy.inra.fr [mailto:brendel at nancy.inra.fr]
Sent: 24 July 2002 10:52
To: moin-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Moin-user] newbee question

Hi Moin-users,

I'm new to moinmoin (and wikiwiki that is, about 30minutes). I tumbled
on it in my search for a system to write html with bidirectional links -
wikiwiki systems seem to be quite what I'm looking for.
I have downloaded moinmoin and had a look at the installatino
instructions. My question is now : What I'm looking for is a offline
moinmoin version for only my private, personal use. So, can I do an
installation without bothering with an web server ????

Thanks for replying to my own email address
brendel at nancy.inra.fr

Thanks in advance for any help, ideas, hints. I'm open to everything.
I would like to try moinmoin but I have a feeling that installing a web
server will cost me more time and computer resources than I have

Cheers

Oliver