[Moin-user] German localization

Vaclav Barta vbar at comp.cz
Fri Jul 26 11:52:03 EDT 2002

Juergen Hermann wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:33:01 +0100, Vaclav Barta wrote:
> >I'd like to add some Wiki pages to my German on-line textbook
> >HilfeZurAdministration), but nothing *about* German... How do I
> >localize MoinMoin?
> It is localized. You either set "de" to be your preferred language in
That doesn't work for me (Netscape Communicator 4.72 connecting to
Apache/1.3.14, both on (the same) SuSE Linux), and anyway it's not what
I want. My pages are for people who *don't* know German, but think about
learning it - they won't have "de" in their preferences, but I want to
show them the German interface (or Czech, but I don't suppose that
exists :-) ) rather than English...

> your browser, OR you log in and set the language in your
> UserPreferences.
Hmm, UserPreferences has a Preferred language selection, but it contains
only <Default> and English options... Does MoinMoin require some locale
support from the OS? I have a Czech Linux distribution forced to use
English - there isn't much German support (apart from Latin-2 fonts) my
machine provides...

	Bye
		Vasek