[Moin-user] German localization

Vaclav Barta vbar at comp.cz
Fri Jul 26 13:12:13 EDT 2002

Juergen Hermann wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:58:49 +0100, Vaclav Barta wrote:
> >Hmm, UserPreferences has a Preferred language selection, but it
> >contains only <Default> and English options... Does MoinMoin require
> >some locale support from the OS? I have a Czech Linux distribution
> >forced to use English - there isn't much German support (apart from
> >Latin-2 fonts) my machine provides...
> Then your problem is that you live in eastern europe, i.e. not in iso-
> 8859-1 country. You'll have to wait for the next version or that after
> it, with full utf-8 support.
Well, actually I live in Ireland at the moment, :-) but yes, I did
change the charset in MoinMoin config to iso-8859-2.

> Or you change your charset in moin_config to iso-8859-1.
Yes, that helped. At the end of the day, I don't *have* to use Czech on
those pages i.e. can get away with iso-8859-1, but how can I disable the
English for everybody, regardless of their client's preferences?

	Bye
		Vasek