[Moin-user] apache + moin not cooperating

C. Ulrich dincht at securenym.net
Sun Jul 28 12:29:09 EDT 2002

Hi

Hope this isn't too newbieish of a question, but I'll give it a go
anyway. I installed Apache some time ago and even had MoinMoin working
with it. But recently, I think something changed because the wiki no
longer runs correctly. When I access it with a browser, I get the dreaded:

Error message:
Premature end of script headers: moin.cgi

The error message that appears in the apache logs is:

[Sun Jul 28 12:09:03 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.3] Premature end of
script headers: moin.cgi
[Sun Jul 28 12:09:03 2002] [error] [client 192.168.0.3] /usr/bin/env:
python: No such file or directory

Now, it's not python that isn't being found, I believe it's some file
that the Moin scripts (or libs) are looking for. My next step was to
create another wiki following the steps listed under "UNIX Installtion"
in the install docs to the letter. And of course I got the same error. I
double-checked both my Apache settings and  permissions of the wiki
files and everything seems to look alright as far as I can tell.

- All of the wiki files are owned by user nobody, group nogroup. This is
the same user and group specified in httpd.conf to run apache as.

- The ScriptAlias directive in httpd.conf is indeed pointed to the right
place. (On my system: /usr/local/share/moin/mywiki/moin.cgi)

Out of sheer curiosity, I su'ed to nobody and tried running the script
manually from the console... and it worked just fine. It just won't run
when Apache does it.

Any suggestions, hints, flames? TIA for any or all.

--C. Ulrich