[Moin-user] run MoinMoin with Python server?

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Wed Jul 31 23:29:04 EDT 2002

I should have done a little more investigation before my original post. The
CGI POST problem does appear to be the same bug as already noted at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=427345&group_id=5470&atid=10
5470

and

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=430160&group_id=5470&atid=10
5470

The bug is specific to POST handling with IE on Windows, tested with IE 5.5
and IE 6. It is not a problem with say Netscape on Windows or even IE on the
Mac.

I would still like to hear about any other information related to running
MoinMoin with a simple Python web server instead of say Apache or IIS in
case there are other issues I should be aware of. I'm going to take this
opportunity to chase the socket issue to see if a workaround can be added to
the Python standard libs once and for all.

Thanks,

ka
---
Kevin Altis
altis at semi-retired.com

rdPrototyp
e/samples/webserver/

Any feedback or ideas would be appreciated. I would love to get MoinMoin
working as a CGI with a simple Python server!

ka
---
Kevin Altis
altis at semi-retired.com