[Moin-user] <p> placement and nesting problem

Samuele Pedroni pedroni at inf.ethz.ch
Fri May 10 11:32:02 EDT 2002

From: Juergen Hermann <j.her at t-online.de>
> On Fri, 10 May 2002 18:32:41 +0200, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
>
> >I need this to work better. What should I do?
>
> Wait. :)

ok, I will try the local hack route.

> >I'm likely able to hack my local version. Should I produce a patch
> >for general use. What is the expected development wrt
> > this kind of issues, timeline?
>
> Believe me, I chased the requirement for well-formedness for quite some
> time. The problem is, if you fix it at one place, another thing breaks
> down, so I gave up for now.

I believe you, so wish me luck ;).

> The only _stable_ solution is a rewrite of the inner workings of
> parsing, formatting etc. No timeline, except "probably this year".

do you have a design sketch of the new architecture,
how will the parser drive the formatter, an intermadiate xml format
or some other interaction?
do you plan to bring ReST on board?
use Docutils Generic DTD as intermediate format?

regards.