[Moin-user] Munging the URL?

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Wed May 22 05:57:07 EDT 2002

I'd like to hide the /cgi-bin/moin.cgi in the addresses used by MoinMoin. I
can do that pretty easily with Quixote, another CGI application. I haven't
figured out how to do it with MoinMoin yet. Any clues would be greatly
appreciated.

What I'd like to end up with are urls that look like:

http://orbtech.com/wiki/RecentChanges

Which would then get picked up by my .htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^wiki/(.*) cgi-bin/moin.cgi/$1 [last]

Right now it only works to get me into the FrontPage when I use this
address:

http://orbtech.com/wiki/

But subsequent links inside MoinMoin look like this:

http://orbtech.com/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/RecentChanges

When I really want them to look like:

http://orbtech.com/wiki/RecentChanges

Tips, pointers and clues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

---
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech